Dallas Skeer Racing Penrite Blog Post

Posted on 12 Apr 2017

On April 8th and 9th was the third round of the Hartwell Club Championships at Winton Motor Raceway in Victoria. I had never to Winton before so I had to learn the track on Friday. Saturday was great weather but Sunday was wet all day and race one especially was very wet.

In the morning I struggled a bit with the track but after lunch I felt much more comfortable. After getting use to how the track works I continued to improve and get faster every session.

Saturday was the best day with a dry track all day and having good battles with the 400’s.

I went out in warm up check that everything was still good on the bike and to learn the track even more. Everything was good and next was qualifying. I went out with the fastest 400 so I had someone in front of me to chase and then get a better lap time. I was able to catch up with him by the end of the session and get on the front row in second place with a best lap time of 1.05.589.

In the first race two 400’s got pass me off the line and into turn 1. I was stuck behind them and they both have had more experience on the track then me. By the end of the race I has getting held up by the tow 400’s but was unable to make a pass and finished fourth overall, second in the George Carrick up to 250cc and first in the 125GP.

On the last race on Saturday again the two 400’s got in front of me. I was getting held up but I knew if I made a pass earlier in the race they would pass me back. I waited until the last lap and coming out turn 5 going in to turn 6 I passed one 400 and held him off to the line to finish third overall, second in the George Carrick and first in the 125GP. I finished with a best lap time of 1.05.238.

Sunday it was raining all day so we were running the wet bike. It was heavy rain when the practise session was on and not many riders went out. I stayed in the pits and waited to race one to go out. Winton is not the best in the rain because it does not have much grip because they run drift cars on the track that lay heaps of rubber down. The track had been fixed where the rubber was and was not as slippery. Not having heaps confidence in the wet conditions I gained a lot of confidence in race one. I got a bad start and fell behind three 400’s. On lap two the Moto3 bike that is in the George Carrick Class ran straight on at one corner and lost a lot of ground. I went one to be fourth overall and first in the George Carrick and 125GP classes.  

Race 2 was a half dry track with most of the corners dry which made the grooved tyres get hot and move around.

Off the line I was passed by tow 400’s and then another heading towards turn 1. Having problems with front end chatter I just rode to finish the weekend in a good position and not risk crashing. I brought the bike home for the last race of the weekend in sixth overall and first in the 125 class and second in the George Carrick class.

The weekend was good because I got to new track and build confidence in the wet conditions. My dad drove 8 hours to Winton from home then back for me. I feel very grateful to have a dad that commits most of his time to my racing and is always working making sure I have no faults with my bike at all. A huge thanks to the best dad I could possibly have. My sponsors are the main reason why we can travel so far to race meetings. They all need to be thanked for their ongoing support they give me:

Penrite Oils

Ron Angel Classic Racing

Nolan Helmets

Trident tyre centre  


Dekker Motor Body Builder

Coachman Motel Phillip Island

Baker Group

Ginos Pizza and Pasta bar

Auldana Foundations

Australian Technical Rubber


Fly’s Moving Colour

JDS Moto

Campbell Classic motorcycles

Dave Atkinson

K&S Fuels

Upcoming Events

View all upcoming events



Recent Users

Back to Top