Throttle Body & Carb Cleaner is a professional strength cleaner for fuel & air intake and delivery systems designed to instantly dissolve varnish, grease, dirt, sludge, gummy residues and fuel sediments that impede engine performance, economy and smoothness. It improves economy, restores lost power, provides smoother running and lowers emissions when properly used to remove contaminants.
Throttle Body & Carb Cleaner is suitable for the cleaning of throttle bodies, carburettors, automatic chokes, PCV and EGR valves. It can be used for both external parts and internal parts where build ups occur such as throttle plates and butterfly valves. It eliminates the need to remove and dismantle the throttle body or carburettor from the engine. It can be used to clean emission recirculation valves as well as throttle linkages and choke systems. It is harmless to metals and gaskets and will not affect oxygen sensors or mass airflow sensors on the intake system.
Instructions for use
- Run engine to normal operating temperature.
- Disconnect air intake tube from throttle body.
- Place protective cloths under mouth of throttle body to collect run off.
- Spray directly into the mouth of the throttle body in short bursts while engine is running
- Spray throttle plates and internals of the housing.
- Wipe away grime that has been dislodged.
- Replace air intake hose, remove protective cloths and test drive vehicle.
- Place protective cloths around carburettor to collect run off.
- Spray directly onto the carburettor parts that need cleaning.
- Spray butterfly valve and into carburettor throat
- Allow the grime to run off or wipe clean with a cloth
- Spray linkages and PVC valves.
- If spraying an area that normally requires greasing, re-apply lubricant after cleaning.
PLEASE NOTE Throttle Body & Carb Cleaner should not be sprayed directly onto painted parts or plastic. If contact occurs wash off immediately.
For product safety and handling information, click the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS
Find the Right Product for the Right Application